So your network has been analyzed; perhaps it’s being monitored.
What else is there to do?
Just as your auto requires regular oil changes, fluid checks, and tune ups to perform properly, your computer network needs hardware and software updates, as well as security patches.
Feynman Group will tailor a maintenance plan around the size of your business. This assures that all of your data systems continue to run as they should so you can do your job.
Of course, we’ll address all of those little things that pop up, too. Just make a list and we’ll get to it.
Typical maintenance programs include:
During each remote server maintenance activity, Feynman Group will:
- Verify adequate space available on hard disk drive partitions.
- Check disk partitions for fragmentation, and run defragment job if necessary.
- Check status of RAID array for existing or impending disk drive failures.
- Verify antivirus client definitions up-to-date, and check for un-handled infections.
- If applicable, check antivirus server status for up-to-date definitions and problems on workstations.
- Check status of uninterruptable power supply and its interface to the server.
- If applicable, check status of file/data backup system for regularly completed backup jobs.
- Check event logs for significant system warnings and failures.
- Install Microsoft Updates, then reboot.
- Log back onto server to verify all services restarted successfully after the reboot.
During each onsite workstation maintenance visit (yes, we do make house calls) Feynman Group will:
- Check with customer, assist, trouble shoot, and resolve desktop items
- Perform Windows/Microsoft updates and patches
- Confirm antivirus running and is updated
- General System maintenance (defrag, temp internet files, temp files, etc)
During each remote backup check activity Feynman Group will:
- Verify backups completing successfully once per week