VoIP Phone Systems (Telephony)
Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) simply means that instead of spending extra money routing your voice communications through a separately wired system and or utility company, you direct it through the internet network and bandwidth that you're already buying.
These systems provide wonderful flexibility. The beauty of VoIP technology is that if you can imagine it, we can generally make it happen for you. VoIP features can help your company to meet your very specific internal and external communication needs much more efficiently than a conventional phone system.
Besides the usual features and advantages of a comprehensive company-wide phone system, VoIP technology allows you to access a wide variety of options unavailable through a traditional PBX based system. For example, a VoIP phone system allows you to:
- Receive voicemails in email, Outlook, to your Smartphone, or to another mobile device. See SmartPhone Integration for details.
- Connect remote employees (telecommuting, other states, outside sales and techs, etc...) to your company phone system, utilizing site-to-site extension dialing.
- Eliminate long-distance calling charges between sites, or outside of your company. If you do business internationally, dialing outside of the United States is considerably less expensive.
Feynman Group favors Cisco's Unified Communications (UC) platform due to its cost-effectiveness, reliability, and versatile applicability to business needs and problems. Cisco’s UC has a small footprint, so it can be stored in a smaller physical area. However, it's very powerful: one server can handle up to 300 users per site. Plus, it can be set up in PBX, key system, or hybrid modes to mimic your most recent system, reducing the learning curve for getting your team up to speed.
In addition, Cisco UC systems can be networked to other UCs or Cisco-compatible units. As the telephony needs of your company or branch office change, UC is flexible enough to expand with you. Here are some additional UC features:
- Supports video communications for rich-media collaboration.
- Can be managed centrally by your IT staff or home office.
- Supports many standard features, such as Direct Inward Dial, SIP, integrated paging, direct transfer to voicemail with a soft key, whisper paging, a call-waiting queue, speed dials, and so forth...
Of course, we have several other technologies available in case another product should be more appropriate for you than Cisco, or if you have a preference due to past use or compatibility with an existing system.
Call us now for a friendly conversation and an analysis of your telephone communication needs. You will find us refreshingly well informed and open to your needs and ideas. Go ahead and call, even if you're just curious. You'll be glad you did.